Hey everyone! So everyone says that a healthy diet is the most important thing when you are trying to lose weight. This was and still is a big thing for me because I am all about convenience especially when it comes to lunch. I’m sure many of you can relate when I say that getting 5 minutes to eat at work on any given day is a win. I’ve been super swamped at work lately…short staffed, new year and a ton of projects to prepare for. So meal planning and prepping have been my new best friend. Prepping on Sundays for my lunches and dinners for that week has kept me on track and kept me from making some major mistakes. Below are some of my recent go to receipes. I hope that you enjoy them!
Season your chicken with a low sodium seasoning of your choice and grill until done. My favorite is the Mrs. Dash Fiesta seasoning. Toss spinach and roman lettuce together with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions. Dress your salad with the homemade Italian dressing.
My favorite Italian dressing recipe is:
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp italian herb
1 tsp Dijon mustard (no sugar added)
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend very well.
2. Transfer dressing to a container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 months.
3. Shake well and serve.
This is a favorite of mine and hubbies! The office is usually pretty jealous when I make these as well because the office normally smells amazing when I reheat them!
Recipe is super easy as well:
3/4 cup grated zucchini (squeezed to remove as much water as possible)
1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup of diced red onion
1 Tbsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well by hand.
2. Divid into 6 Raquel patties.
3. Cooke burgers on medium heat, about 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the middle.
4. Top with tzatziki sauce and serve with your side. I chose a tomato, cumber and red onion salad dressed with my homemade Italian dressing (receipe listed above).
You will have to forgive me…I forgot to snap a picture of this final receipe but this recipe has saved me so much time! This is called the 4 ingredient slow cooker salsa verde chicken!
6 Bonless, skinless chicken breast
2 Cups salsa verde
1 Bottle of beer (light of course!)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1. Add chicken to the slow cooker. Top with salsa verde and beer, and sprinkle with cumin and season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
2. Coat chicken by turning chicken over.
3. Cooke for 3 to 4 hours on high heat or 7 to 8 hours on low heat.
4. Once chicken is done, remove from slowe cooker shred with two forks and place back in the slow cooker to toss with the sauce.
NOTE: Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
This chicken is great for tacos or burrito bowls or even to eat on a salad. Great for lunch or dinner!
I hope that you all enjoyed these recipes! Let me know if you try any of them! If you enjoyed this post and wish to see more like this let me know!
Just a personal update…..I’ve lost a few more pounds and just that much closer to my goal!! Stay strong and keep moving everyone!